Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 am 
Radio-KOL Alumn

That's right kids, Derek the Red is ready to make his mark in the Kingdom with a custom avatar! The problem is that I draw like crap. Unless it's a screencap from a tv show that I'm just typing over I'm completely useless with computerized imaging. So that's why I need you to draw one for me!

Your incentive? How about a Mr Accessory? How about 3 million meat? How about I might just throw more stuff into DerektheDead's Prize Crypt? Maybe you'll go to his Display Case and see what I got for ya (#2284546)

Firstly, you'll need to know the requirements that KoL has for Custom Avatars. Here is where you can read the official details. http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/static.php?id=avatar

Next, send ALL entries with your account information (name/account number) to derekthered.kol@gmail.com I ask that all entries be sent in link form (meaning you host your work on Photobucket or whatever the kids use these days). Contest Closes at Rollover on Saturday, August 18th. Winners will be decided Monday, August 20th (and will be announced during each show afterward). If you have any questions feel free to post them here or if I'm on the air talking about the contest.

Next, what am I looking for in an avatar?
- One of the biggest things you can do to impress me is to ANIMATE it. I love animated avatars and would love to have mine really have that sense of life. However it may be too much to try animating it yourself. So if you have an idea, maybe storyboard it, or give a description on how you'd animate it!
- If you can do something that would involve me changing from a couch to stick figure that'd be awesome.
- If you want to do something that involves my head/skull being on fire (think Ghost Rider) that'd be awesome
- I like the idea of having an 8-bit realm avatar as well (which I've seen done). If you think you can pull one off decently, draw me as Mega Man if possible. I love me some Mega Man :3 Also Shy Guys from Mario Brothers 2 will work. Because they're adorable, and I want to squish them!
- Rocky Horror references are good too. If you want to draw me up as Eddie, or maybe just holding/playing a saxophone that'd work :)
- Looking for something simple to work with? Some of my favorite items in the kingdom include the Insane Tophat, Voluminous Radio Hat, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Plastic Guitar, Operation Patriot Shield, any sort of cargo short type pants, and the Street Fighting Champion Belt.
My favorite Familiars are the Blavious Kloop (topmost), the Bulky Buddy Box, and any turtle familiar.

I'm excited to see what you come up with. Good Luck :)

Last edited by derekthered on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm 
Radio-KOL Alumn

Edited to add extra ideas and for entry submission information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:44 am 
Radio-KOL Alumn

Edited again. Now 3 Million Meat. Also added more prize goodness :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 pm 
Radio-KOL Alumn

Made an edit in regards to animation. Animating it yourself is not a requirement. However if you have an idea on how you WOULD animate it, either storyboard it or give a description and I'll forward it along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 pm 
Radio-KOL Fanatic!
Radio-KOL Fanatic!

I started work on my entry. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm 
Radio-KOL Alumn

Edited to show that winners will be announced the Monday following.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:11 pm 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

Sorry everyone, we've found a winner

http://imgur.com/a02M4
YellowToast aged 22 1/2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:09 pm 
Radio-KOL Alumn

Congratulations to Granite Grizz for his outstanding work! And a big thanks to him for also sharing his meat prize with the rest of the contestants!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]