Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cinco de Mayo 2013!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

Whaaa? Why would you bring this up now?

Well, being that it's Crimbo Season, a lot of players start crawling out of real life and back into the Kingdom. And just like the velveteen rabbit, that's when we'll get 'em!

Errr, I mean, it would be great to get them to hang around the radio streams again, as well. Stanley has been farming nearly non-stop since the last event, and could really use your help in making the upcoming Cinco de Mayo the best one yet! Last year I gave away prizes worth nearly HALF A BILLION MEAT!

If you're the sort that's feeling the Crimbo spirit(s) and would be generous to contribute, please send your donations to RKoL Prizebot (Player #2277356) and indicate that the donation is for the Cinco de Mayo event.

Stay tuned to Radio KoL for information on how to win the event, and for a generally pretty good time and awesome musics!

edit: Oy! Any and every one is welcome and encouraged to make a bump for the event. Please send them to stanley.kol AT gmail and I'll pass them around to the other DJs as well. Thanks!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 am 
Radio-KOL Fan
Radio-KOL Fan

bump!

Grimdel #902119

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 am 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

This year's event is going to be a bit different. It will actually start during the Saturday Matinee, and wrap up Sunday evening.

In previous years, bigger swag [tiny plastic swords, radio gear, etc.] was added as the amount of tequila in the prize pot increased.

This year, that will still be true to a degree, but the BIG factor will be the number of listeners. more information will be revealed during the Saturday show and then posted here.

In short, the more people that listen, the better the prize that one lucky LISTENER will win! So tell your clannies, get the newbies to tune in. We've got 250 slots available; let's USE 'EM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 am 
Radio-KOL Fanatic!
Radio-KOL Fanatic!

Yes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

I gave up 4 hours for this, people, I will be listening :D

Let's show those fancy schmancy Kolumbus partiers that all we need is TEQUILA!!!!!!!!

A DJ is ME!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 am 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

but we *do* need LISTENERS for this contest.

People who tuned in to the Saturday show already had a chance to get in on this, and there will be LOTS of opportunity during the Give-Away show.

How do you enter? Simply listen to Radio KoL between 3 and 9pm on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo); when, between songs, you hear the phrase "Tequila is my LADY!", send a blue message to RKoL Prizebot (#2277356). You can send her more than one, but leave a some time between your entries; five seconds is a good rule of thumb. The eleventh response will be entered into the Give-Away. You can be on the list more than once.

In the last half hour of the show, there will be a reverse-raffle where chatbot will be asked to eliminate entrants one at a time, until there is one person left standing. That person will then win the prize.

HOW MUCH they win will be determined by how many people chatbot says are listening when she makes the last roll.

Hopefully we can get a lot of people at KoLumbus to tune in; invite your clannies; recruit people from other channels.

Each listener is worth 2% of the stash, up to 100% (50 total listeners).

Based on mall values at the time of this writing, here's the stretch goals:

[table][mrow]Listeners[mcol]Prize[mcol]Value
[row]60[col]Pilgrim Shield[col]11m
[row]70[col]Voluminous Radio Sneakers[col]35m
[row]80[col]BODYSLAM*[col]38m
[row]90[col]Greatest American Pants[col]38.5m
[row]100[col]Voluminous Radio Hat[col]45m
[row][col]*from my own stash[/table]

In Addition: I'll be holding a fundraising event for the station. 100 listeners is only 40% of our total capacity, and 66% of our high bitrate server. I should hope that if we actually get that many people to tune in, that some of them will enjoy what they hear enough to make a donation to the station. if we can get an average donation of $5/listener [$500], I'll raffle off Radio KoL Maracas [valued at 250m] among the people who donate during the show.

Salt your rims, squeeze your limes, and see you for Cinco de Mayo!

Watch the action here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]