Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 am 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

Hello!

I want to consider another approach to contests, that I'll be running for a test period of time for three months or so.

As you guys know, we DJs will occasionally run contests. We'll put some effort into these. It sucks when people don't enter. So, I've been thinking about it. It occurs to me that the average listener of KoL might be faced with the following problems:

1) They come to radio for the social aspect, and don't tend to run turns or feel an incentive to participate because they don't care about the game.
2) They've been around for long enough that it's all the same - they have tons of RBCs, and a set of Voluminous Radio Gear already.
3) It's not as interesting or engaging, i.e. the DJ "doesn't play MY music"

So... I'd like to try something different.

Every show that I do will have at least one Drop-In Contest (Don't know what a Drop-In Contest is? It's explained in my profile here) and I may run one, a couple, a few, several, I'll feel it out.
I'll roll off for a winner.
The winner will then win 15 minutes of radio time, to be used immediately or upon my next show.

What does this mean? A lot. I will give the winner 15 minutes of time to do with what they wish. There is ONE single rule to this - it cannot be dead air. Other than this, it's open to you.

You could, for example:
1) Choose what music to be played on the air.
2) Choose for me to do something - talk about something, read, sing (I REALLY don't recommend that last one)
3) Be Skyped in and be on the air for the entire time, a period of time; alone or with me, or with friends you want to join you;
4) Smite a playlist/block of music that you don't enjoy, and tell me to start from scratch.

No music is off-limits, and my show exceptions are fair game. If you ever wanted to make me a frothing madman with 15 minutes of the Potato Song on repeat, you can. Please, please don't do this.

I'd like to make an effort to make people more engaged, and want to win contests again. Hopefully this will provide an opportunity for that. For now, go nuts!

Profile Send private message