Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 am

All times are UTC

[ 1 post ] 
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:25 pm 
Radio-KOL DJ
Radio-KOL DJ

Congratulations to our three winners! All of the entries were fun to listen to and many will be getting plenty of airplay in the Skullhead household, but these were the favorites.

In 3rd place, with the most bizarre entry: LSK with Spider! Kudos for covering a :50 second-long TMBG tune, LSK.

In 2nd place, the audience favorite, Lukifer! His version of NiN's Head Like a Hole combined elements of the B-52s, Devo, and Weird Al Yankovic into something that must be heard to be believed (I'll work on uploading these so you can hear them).

In 1st place, my pick for winner: Dentarthurdent for In My Life! Dentarthurdent's song choice and vocal stylings brought tenderness and a soupcon of charm to an old favorite Beatles tune. Kudos for using such an obscure game reference (one line in a Sneaky Pete's Day adventure) as well.

Congratulations to our winners, and thank you all for playing!

Here's how you enter:

1. Select a song that has been specifically referenced, by title or lyric, in Kingdom of Loathing. http://pop.shinketsu.net can help you find songs.

2. Obtain a karaoke track to said song. File-sharing services can help you with that. ADeadHeart has been known to send people karaoke tracks, but only if they ask very nicely and wait patiently to receive them.

You must have some kind of music backing your voice up -- if you go a capella, you'll need to harmonize with yourself or somethin', a la CownBee's classic rendition of Breakfast at Tiffany's. If you play instruments and want to make your own backing music, that's cool, but no single-voice a capella, please.

3. With technology or magic, create an mp3 file that combines the karaoke track with your very own voice singing along. Alternately, send me the music track and your vocal track as separate files and I shall combine them for you.

4. Send your finished entry to m.skullhead@gmail.com.

1st place will get one of his or her choice of retired Mr. Store Items of the Month, except for the hand turkey (I'm not allowed to introduce any more of those). 1st place will be my choice.

2nd place will be an audience choice, and will win his or her choice of two pieces of the new radio gear.

3rd place will be awarded for the most bizarre entry. It will consist of 10 rolls of toilet paper, 10 bricks, and 3 pieces of radio button candy.

Only one entry per person, please, and please tell me if you're a DJ and just entering for fun.

Good luck and let's get singin'!

[ 1 post ]