Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:51 pm 
Radio-KOL Admin
Radio-KOL Admin

How will I know when to apply?

New applications may be submitted at any time, regardless of whether we are hiring at the moment! This is a change from the open calls we have done in the past.

What is the new procedure?
When we are not outright hiring, all applications will be reviewed by Jezebelle and PVA. Prospective choices will be given a Skype interview; if possible, they will be interviewed by both members of the hiring team to gauge their abilities better; if not, a recording will be made for the other hiring team member. At this point the aircheck will either placed on-file or politely declined. This process should take one week. Being declined does not necessarily preclude future re-application.

If there are any hours available that the current DJ staff do not want, the hiring team will consult on-file applications and contact any potential candidates. Those with time preferences not synching up with the shift(s) available may still be contacted in case their schedules have changed.

Will there still be open calls for auditions?

If the hiring team feels that the available pool of applicants is not adequate for the needs, a hiring call will be put out as before. The deadline for applicants will be no more than a week after the announcement is made. The procedure for the open call for auditions will be the same as above.

What if I get declined?

If you send an aircheck that doesn't quite meet muster the first time, we'll be more than happy to give you some tips to improve. This gives you a chance to improve your skills and submit again the next time we have an open call.

What do I need in my application?
Your full availability, your AIM & Skype names, your player name and ID # and what shift(s) you could commit to each week.

Air checks must be no more than three minutes long, with a mix of music and voice. Keep the music to a minimum; we want to hear your personality come through. We do not care what songs you play, but you must show that you have some basic audio editing skills in these. Mp3 format applications only.

As of Jan 2017 I can't get the application to work at the moment so best to just e-mail me at prima.vera.angelhair@gmail.com
This is the quickest way to get your application to the hiring team. Any issues, you can still email your applications to prima.vera.angelhair@gmail.com.

Please be yourself and have fun!

What we do require?

1) You must be at least 18. This is our rule, carved in stone. If you have any questions about this rule, feel free to ask.

2) Air checks must be no more then three minutes long, with a mix of music and voice. Keep the music to a minimum; we want to hear your personality come through. We do not care what songs you play, but you must show that you have some basic audio editing skills in these. Mp3 format applications only.

3) You must have a STABLE high speed internet connection. This means no dialup, no college dorms that put limits on bandwidth, and no roommates that have bit torrent running at all times. If you have wireless you need to make sure it's stable at all times, no dropouts please.

4) You must have a computer in good working order that can handle all the programs you need to run. (At least a browser, Sam or winamp, and aim.)

5) You must have music. You will get more over time as people send in requests, but you must have enough so you don't come off as repetitive.

6) You must be willing to make this station a priority. If you say you can do a schedule, and you can't, make sure someone knows it. We take this station VERY seriously. We will expect the same of you.

What we don't require.

We do NOT format music here and we do not tell you what to play. If you want a three hour show filled with Ukrainian folk music, go for it.

We do not hire based on game popularity. Some of our best DJs have come out of nowhere.

Getting people to vouch for you is one thing, getting them to drive us bonkers will work against you.

We do NOT hire based on what other stations you may now or may have worked for. In the industry this is called a non-compete, and I have a personal issue with them. However, we do expect you to keep to your schedule with us.

While WE DO NOT censor our DJs, we do expect you to maintain a bit of common sense. We do not tolerate abuse of listeners or other DJs on the air. If you wouldn't want it said about you, don't say it.

Good luck!

Any questions? Discussion thread can be found here - http://radio-kol.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31648

Jezebelle and PVA
Hiring Staff

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:41 am 
Radio-KOL Admin
Radio-KOL Admin

This has been updated to include the new form to apply. See above post!

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:14 pm 
Radio-KOL Admin
Radio-KOL Admin

Thanks for updating it. I will have it on a saved list in case anyone asks.

[ 3 posts ]