Radio KOL

Radio KOL - Radio of the Kingdom
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:22 pm 
Radio-KOL Admin
Radio-KOL Admin

Hi everyone, I have some news. To put it bluntly, I'm going to retire from the station at the end of the year.

I was recently invited to interview for a full-time version of my current casual job, but I didn't get it. They love me, and would love to promote me to full-time, but they can't do so if I can't commit to being available whenever I may be needed. And I can't commit to both the radio schedule and a work schedule at the same time.
In a perfect world, I would be able to keep doing both, but at this point in my life I need to focus on my career so I can move on with the rest of my life. Put some savings aside, move out from the family home, be a responsible human.
So I need to step away from the radio schedule. I'd love to keep doing shows when I'm able! Others have talked about it and it never seems to work out, so we'll see. I honestly do want to stay with the station, but I already don't find time to do shows outside of the schedule... again, we'll see.
Because I won't regularly be here any more, even if I do pick up cover, I will also be stepping down from my admin role at the end of the year. Please make Sassy Staci feel welcome as the Relations Director.
Eventually, ARIaDOS will need a new home. I haven't been a good parent recently, and I reboot her when I notice she's down, but she deserves to be maintained, and have bugs picked out. I'll continue hosting her as long as I can, but when I eventually retire for good, it would be nice if she could live with somebody still active with the station.
If anybody has a spare box she can live in, especially if they're willing to do some debugging of Python code, please let me know!

So... I think that's it. Thank you everybody for your friendship and support over the last four years!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 pm 
Radio-KOL Admin
Radio-KOL Admin

So sad to see you go, Jolson, but life needs to come first and I think we all understand that. Thank you for the time and energy you've devoted to the station over the years. It's super appreciated. <3