|Show Name:||The ADD Shiny Show|
|Prize Multi:||Tiny Plastic Laureth (#477502)|
|Show Times: Sundays 13:00-16:00(EST)1-4p, Mondays 10:00-14:00(EST) 10a-2p,Wednesdays 13:00 - 15:00 (EST) 1p-3p, Thursdays 14:00-17:00 (EST) 2-5p|
As a mermaid, raised by wild hippies, and most often found deep in the woods, or immersed in water, Laureth was a druid before she knew what druidry was. Never forgetting her child like wonder at the magic in the world around her, she was a strange little girl, emo before there was emo and goth before there was goth. Often found wandering in graveyards, forests, streams and other bodies of water. One thing she has learned is that the magic of music is to set and change moods.
- What You Will Hear: Music from classical (infrequently)1920s to contemporary, depending on how manic she feels or how strong the ADD-fu is that day. Beafraidbeveryafraid.A song must either have great lyrics or a great sound to move her soul. and change her mood. Spoken word recordings of authors and poetry,punk, ska, rock, indie, alternative, grunge, metal(most kinds), rockabilly, Irish music, folk, blues, jazz, house, electronica, World music and a bunch more!!! Yes, requests ARE welcome, although any requests that fall into the below category will be unlikely to be played. This show if quite often not safe for work but it can be made so by request :)
- What You Likely Will Never EVER Hear: Disco. The Beatles, Elvis, Journey, Bon Jovi and Metallica (although some covers are likely). The song "Tainted Love" in any form. Plenty of other DJs play these things. Asking them would yield better results, lol. I won't play most country, rap, or Amanda Palmer, although exceptions have been made. Only immense bribes or compelling reasons will ever make her play something she truly hates rather than things she merely dislikes.
- Other Slightly Pertinent Information: I try not to play the same things over and over again. I try my best not to play something the dj in the last show played. I try and keep shows to only one or two genres at the most, though I promise nothing. Consider yourself warned.
I started playing KOL October 2nd of 2004, after learning about it as a mime held captive by a clown. I haven't seen any clown shoes or smelled any greasepaint recently... but I still collect clown hammers, just in case. I admit, I'm no powerplayer. I still love it here, even if I don't play as intensively as others. I lurk more in deep dark recesses of irc than in the bright light of game chat, however when armed with dark glasses and fortified by worshiping at the shrine of the Goddess Caffeina, I summon the power to brave the shiny and distracting bright lights of /radio. I discovered radio immediately, and spent many many years as a happy listener supplying DJs with music from her immense collection before ascending to DJhood in October of 2012. While every one of my fellow djs inspire me in their unique ways, Jezebelle, Haplo, Fusilliban, SeltzerDuke and larzdapunk were the shows I remember listening to in the first flush of what became a hard core addiction. Newer DJS I enjoy include Torturelini, Kakadesu, and JaneCoder. I'm way wicked powerless to save vs. The Violet Fog (as well as The Mutant Hippy Psychic Warlord), and enjoy tormenting my Nemesis, Omnifrog, although he's really one of my best friends. He IS the Craig Ferguson to my Geoff Peterson.
Even though I've started enjoying the game again, I have played on and off for a while. I found IRC chat pretty quickly, as I was an irc user back in the 90's (when I apparently met KolMohDee). Since then I've met oodles of kick ass wonderful people, many of the DJs who eventually inspired me to explore the possibility of becoming a DJ. I made an aircheck for Prima Vera Angelhair and Jezebelle,for which I completely blame My Nemesis.
I got hired and had my first show in October of 2012. I hope to get to know all of you /radio chatters as well as I know my irc people! Thanks to everyone for their encouragement, inspiration, assistance and most of all thank the Frog if you enjoy my show. Because I blame peer pressure and in this case peer pressure says "Ribbit".
- Requests should be sent to email@example.com. Hate mail should be sent to her Nemesis.
- The Subject Line or Body of the E-Mail really should include the Artist and Song Name of the song you are sending/requesting,so that your request does not get lost in the rapidly filling mailbox.
- The Body of the E-Mail should include your KoL Player Name so as to know who is requesting the song and so that you may receive any "Fabulous Only Because I Gave It to You" prizes or "Prizes that Are a Bit More Fabulous".
Don't want to send an email? You can ask her in chat to play you a song (if she has it)! Her usual incomplete and utterly chaotic list of musical acquisitions can be found here, although it is by no means an exhaustive list. She is weeding out duplicates and inferior bitrate music little by little, if you notice something let her know.
To be announced as soon as I have things worth giving away!
2.0!! Be sure to Watch the forums for more information: http://radio-kol.net/forums/
Donations can be sent to her prize multi, Tiny Plastic Laureth (#477502).
1. clown hammers
2. clown harnesses
4. ennui chips
5. all sorts of charrrm items
Don't forget these would go to Laureth, not Tiny Plastic Laureth (#477502)!