phyphor making a multi-pint pitcher look small
|Show Name:||phyphor's Spleen of Steel|
|Prize Multi:||Rick Astley (#1909416)|
|Location:||England, UK, Europe, Eurasia, Earth, Sol, Milky Way|
| Saturdays 8pm - midnight Saturday & 7pm - 10pm Sunday|
Check the schedule for any changes/pick-up shows
- phyphor is
- properly spelt all in lower case
- the eleventieth RKoL DJ, which is ten times as ridiculous as anyone else, but unfortunately no funnier.
- the owner and operator of the player pic site!
- someone with far too many multis, including, but not limited to:
The stars of the game and radio are stars! phyphor is not a star, so collects lines.
Show Name Explanation
On June 11th 2013 phyphor was riding a motorcycle to work and was hit by a car and suffered extreme injuries including a shattered knee and a ruptured spleen. Bleeding from the spleen was nearly fatal, but surgeons operated and embolised the spleen by inserting stainless steel coils and heating them by running a current through them. The coils remain in place so phyphor genuinely has a Spleen of Steel.
phyphor also had metal work inserted to help repair their knee and some say that makes them more machine than man, twisted and evil. As if phyphor needs an excuse to be twisted or evil.
phyphor embodies the sentiment "that which doesn't kill us makes us stranger" [sic]
phyphor likes to produce shows around a central theme or idea.
Longer shows, of 4 hours and longer, are phyphor's concept and chain shows. These will have a song to continue the chain, but will otherwise focus on a more nebulous concept or explore a facet of the history of music.
Shorter shows, of 3 hours or shorter, will tend to pick on a more specific theme or idea and will focus on that, at least at the start of the show, with one exception (see Contests, below).
Concept & Chain shows
Songs are able to be linked by lyrics, artist, style, key, genre, or any number of things.
Any single link, however esoteric is valid.
Songs can appear multiple times in the chain, but can't link to a song they've already been linked to - links are only valid once.
The links don't have to relate to the concept explored in the rest of the show, but if you can suggest something that does then it's may be more likely to get selected.
|Show No.||Date||Chain linked song||Chain link reason|
|0||The Chain - Fleetwood Mac||first song|
|1||2014-02-22||Jessica - The Allman Brothers||Themes from BBC motor shows.|
|2||2014-03-01||Misirlou - Dick Dale and His Del-Tones||Larry the Keyboard Player
Instrumental tracks from Guitar Hero (and they also have just one word titles)
|3||2014-03-08||undecided yet||song to be decided during the show|
An exploration of a facet of music.
|Show No.||Date||Concept (with Wikipedia link)|
|1||2014-02-22||The "pop-punk chord (I-V-vi-IV) progression"|
|2||2014-03-01||The "sensitive female chord (vi-IV-I-V) progression"|
|3||2014-03-08||The "50s (I-vi-IV-V) progression"|
A reminder: There is no intentional "odd one out" or contest for these shows.
Theme & Contest shows
Shorter shows are a theme and contest show!
The first 11 tracks played form a theme, or, rather, 10 of the tracks match a theme and one of them is the Odd One Out.
Your mission is to kmail phyphor (#604709) which track doesn't match the theme and, if you can, why.
- Only enter from a single account you own, please - i.e. one entry per person, not per account.
- However, you can enter multiple times with your one account, but only the last entry per person counts as their entry for determining if they have the right answer (and reason).
- Standard RKoL entry eligibility otherwise applies (other RKoL DJs and phyphor's family members can't get a reward, but can play along just for funsies).
- Enter by sending a kmail to phyphor ensuring you include details of the track you think is the odd one out. Feel free to include the reasoning if you can for bonus prizes!
- Every eligible in-game entrant gets a reward for entry, whether they are right or wrong (but please do indicate you are listening to me in some way)
- Because a radio show is nothing without listeners, and a contest is nothing without entrants, phyphor will boost the rewards the more people who enter, including the basic entry prize!
- You don't need to get the right reason to be entered in to the roll-off for the top prize
- Prizes may not go out immediately but will be done by half an hour after the end of the show at the latest.
- Prizes are sent via my prize multi: Rick Astley (#1909416), and donations are always welcome
- unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the following will not be part of the 11 tracks forming the contest
- the intro to the show
- bumps and interstitials (e.g. "One of these things")
- the post contest track which acts as a filler to allow entries to come in
- All eligible entrants get a prize.
- If you get the answer right you get a bonus.
- If you get the reasoning right you get a further bonus.
- One of the random right answers (determined by a chatbot roll in /radio ) will also get a fabulous prize - note that you don't need to get the right reason to be in the roll off, but you do need to get the right answer.
|Show No.||Total entrants||Entry reward||Right answer reward||Right reason reward||Top prize||Top prize random winner|
|air-check||0||no prize||no prize||no prize||no prize||not a real show|
|Show 1||9||10,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||2 Radio Button Candies||Death by Gnocchi (#978656)|
|Show 2||3||2,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||2 Radio Button Candies||Soldan (#1575297|
|Show 3||7||4,000 meat||no correct entries||no correct entries||no correct entries||no correct entries|
|Show 4||7||4,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||a Mr. Accessory||1 Radio Button Candy||smerft (#2309534)|
|Show 5||3||2,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||2 million meat||smerft (#2309534)|
|Show 6||4||2,500 meat||no correct entries||no correct entries||no correct entries||no correct entries|
|Show 7||3||2,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||1 million meat||Fembot ArtsyPantS (#201623)|
|Show 8||6||3000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||1 million meat||Porny Stroker (#2077964)|
|Show 9||3||2000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||1 million meat||aLhAnNA (#332947)|
|Show 10||4||2500 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||1 million meat||Soldan (#1575297)|
|Show 11||27||14,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||Radio Free Foil||cutiepie96 (#2460313)|
|Show 12||11||6,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||1 million meat||ChesterArthurXXI (#1411736)|
|Show 13||5||3,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||Psycho sweater||M i l o (#2210971)|
|Show 14||5||3,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||500,000 meat||robmooseman (#579507)|
|Show 15||4||2,500 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||Numberwang (as||CrazyBaldMan (#2307703)|
|Show 16||3||2,000 meat||10 Fuzzbumps||6 Supernova Champagne||500,000 meat||right answers enter roll-off|