|Show Name:||Spacey Conquers the Stars!|
|Tuesday 5:00-8:00 AM EST and Friday 8:00-10:30 PM EST|
“You cannot shake hands with a clenched fish.”
~ Oscar Wilde, misquoting himself
"Space Piranha is giggly, lives in Canadia, and, as well as doing her own shows, often co-hosts with caseyweederman."
~ Haplo, on Space Piranha
"If you want to hear a great KOL DJ then you had better watch Uranus as there be Space Piranha about!"
~ Tom Sawyer, on Space Piranha
"Spacey is our resident spazoid, but in a good adorable way."
~ KolMohDee, on Space Piranha
Spacey and Casey
Spacey especially loves conducting radio shows with her handsome, handsome co-DJ, caseyweederman. As of July 20, 2013, Spacey and Casey are now married!
Send requests to email@example.com. Also you can send nice email and we'll catch up. How are the kids doing? Are you still with "spouse?" What's life been like? If you send me a pretty picture I'll draw a picture for you, too.
What you'll hear
Spacey has a wide variety of musical tastes, but on her shows you will mostly hear indie rock, classic rock, blues, electronica and ska. She is always up for requests and loves hearing new music!
Some of Spacey'e favourite bands are Gorillaz, Cloud Cult, Mother Mother, Bombadil, the Blues Brothers, Queen and Cake.
Many of Spacey's contests are made up on the spot, and she favours contests that involve creativity and originality. Tune in to hear what new projects she has set up for her listeners!
Name That DJ!
Name That DJ! is a multi-round contest that tests listeners' knowledge about various current RKoL DJs.
The contest involves five rounds:
1. Identify a drawing of what Spacey thinks the DJ may look like based on his/her personality.
2. Identify a DJ's voice by listening to a short sound clip, which Spacey will play on air.
3. Identify a DJ based on a line from his/her wiki page.
4. Identify an actual photograph of a DJ... Spacey will post part of this photograph for you to view.
5. Spacey will present three keywords that relate to the mystery DJ.
Send all guesses to Space Piranha via Kmail! If you guess correctly the first time for each round, you get 2 points. Subsequent correct guesses are worth 1 point.
The contest spreadsheet can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjcroowkdSj_dGJqWWxYS1poSElIaTZUY202eV9FV2c&hl=en_US#gid=0
1. Like in usual hangman, Spacey will reveal the number of letters in each word into chat, and it will look something like this: *** **** ** ********.
2. For each puzzle, Spacey will identify whether it is a KoL item name, a description of an item, or a general description of something in the game. It is your job to figure out what this is!
3. In order to reveal letters in the puzzle, listeners need to send 10,000 meat with each letter they guess to Spacey's multi, Piraninator (#2186903). All meat gathered from guesses will go to the winner of the game! Each 10,000 meat only reveals one letter in the puzzle, if you send 10,000 meat and the letter "a," only one "a" in the puzzle will be revealed, even if there are more still hidden!
4. Each time someone sends letter guesses, Spacey will update the puzzle for everyone and post it into chat for all to see.
5. If you think you know what the solution to the puzzle is, send a message (blue, green or PM) to Space Piranha or Piraninator! These guesses are absolutely free, so you don't need to donate meat to win, only to reveal individual letters.
Mysterious Sound Effects!
Spacey will make/play a sound on air, which listeners must guess the source of. Each show that the sound is not guessed, the prize meat will grow and grow, to astronomical proportions! You have to give a specific answer, so if Spacey is opening the refrigerator door, guessing "opening something" won't count. She won't be giving out hints for guesses like this (even though they're so close) so keep guessing if you think you almost have it!
This is the contest where you create the puzzle! Each contest, four listeners can volunteer to draw puzzle pictures. To volunteer, just send a message to Space Piranha and she will give you an assignment of what you are to draw. You can use MS Paint, pencil and paper, or even paints - anything you like! Artists are reimbursed for their hard work with a small(ish) meat prize.
When Spacey receives each image from the artists, she will reveal that image to /radio. At this point everyone tries to guess what is being represented in that image.
The more images you guess correctly, the more points you get towards winning the grand prize! If you guess a round correctly on your first try, you get two points. If you guess right in any subsequent guesses, you get one point - this way there is no penalty for joining the contest late! Artists get 2 points for their own drawings. You have unlimited guesses for each round - send guesses by kmail to space piranha. If you get a 0, that can change into a 1 by guessing again!
Contest Spreadsheet is found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjcroowkdSj_dFctZW5iRmNyOXE2WGNaTjlHa3NkM1E&hl=en_US#gid=0
An artistic rendition of Spacey by the talented TechSpawn.
A piranha wearing a bacon hat, drawn by Erik Redmeat.
Fantastic rendition of a real live Radio Space Piranha by Oblongata