This is the discussion page for Broadcasting >.>
Stuff that should be added
Pretty self explanatory section...
- Sam 3
- Extended Configuration
- PAL scripting
- FTP config for that previous (Needs help)
- Extended Configuration
- Other broadcasting software
- Additional Tips/Suggestions (Needs help)
- Question & Answer / FAQ section
- Further reading, additional resources, external links
As I've stated before, I can only write what I know, and I don't know as much as someone like an RKoL DJ. It would be great if a more experienced DJ contributed to the article :)
- Any comments that contain first-person singular pronoun should really be signed. I recommend using --~~~~ to do the trick. Further, I kinda feel like stuff in a non-personal article shouldn't contain "I" at all, and authors should use the third person when it's necessary to refer to themselves. The link is good, the offer of the test server is good, but I recommend use of the third person here. --Fusilliban 08:38, 15 December 2006 (EST)
- I left a <!-- comment --> somewhere in the wiki about that...I just can't remember where. I was actually talking about 1st person vs 3rd person omniscient and personal options with one of my peers earlier today. First person implies opinions and opinions are not necessarily facts, so they generally don't belong in encyclopedia-type information sources. On the other hand, it's just a little getting-started page for new DJs, not something that is going to get published to be sold, and so far I've written all the content on the page (unless there are edits that I don't know about yet), so it's not really a bad thing. Eventually more information will be added, errors will be fixed and it'll look all nice and shiny.--Joe 23:50, 15 December 2006 (EST)
- Radio KoL does a lot of work to get new DJs set up and trained based on their specific computer setup and requirements. In my experience (I've personally setup and trained many DJs), each person's computer setup requires individual advice. I think you've gone a long way towards giving general advice. Individual advice on specific setups (such as we would give new DJs) is really beyond the scope of a Wiki page. I think you've done a pretty thorough job covering the generals, and I wouldn't have anything much to add. --Cassandra 17:27, 15 December 2006 (EST)
Questions, comments, thoughts, movements, etc go here...
All current issues have been resolved ^_^
- 01:14, 8 December 2006 (EST) If you're wondering why Broadcasting does not include information on illegitimately acquiring digital media, her's why:
- Considering the currently volatile nature of software and media piracy, my suggestion would be to steer clear of anything that even remotely suggests or infers that it is either acceptable or practiced by anyone at the station, because it would be bad for people to think that. I think it's probably in everyone's best interests if this internet radio station has no association with anything that is considered illegal, and since this wiki is heavily associated with the station, it's probably best not being here either. :) --Opai 18:54, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- We do not condone illegal activities here. I was about one hour behind haplo in changing that entry myself. I also don't think a style tutorial really belongs in a technical demo. I do love the info and will be providing new DJ's the link. --Kolmohdee 19:53, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- 01:14, 8 December 2006 (EST) generalization removed; opinions of some != opinions of everyone.