Suggestions, comments are welcome
pls allow pic uploads
hey, how about allowing us to upload small pics?
Thoughtstipated 10:42, 15 November 2006 (EST)
I'm not aware of any settings in Media Wiki that allow upload of files. If there are, link me to information about it, and I'll look into whether I think it's secure enough to allow.
That said, there are lots of sites out there that specialize in image hosting. You might try one of them as an interim measure. Or you can e-mail small images to email@example.com and I will upload them for you and e-mail you back with a link. --Cassandra 14:22, 15 November 2006 (EST)
Well they have to be enableable somewhere, if this page exists. Also, Special:Upload is, as far as I know, the only way to get the normal Images to work. I have no problem to linking to my own images, but I wish there were a template I could use to get the same effect as [[Image:Example.png|thumb|right|Example image caption.]].
By the way, how do the <radioinfo></radioinfo> tags get filtered to the 64kbps stream info? -Joe 22:04, 7 December 2006 (EST)
- The radioinfo tags are special tags really intended only to be used on the front page. It is a special tag written (read: cobbled together) by me. --Cassandra 14:37, 9 December 2006 (EST)
- I realize that. I was curious about how it works. —Joe 21:32, 9 December 2006 (EST)
- Same way chatbot gets her information, or the RKOL Extension for Firefox by Grinder. The stream from the radio has all that information encoded, and can be viewed or read in multiple ways. If you open it in your player, you get sound. If you open it in a browser (see the 64k server page) you get a web page. Similarly, bots or programs can parse the info (that would otherwise form a web page). I didn't write the parsing code myself, so I can't give specifics. I just combined a PHPNUKE Shoutcast module with a Wiki tag code.--Cassandra 05:38, 10 December 2006 (EST) Note: Reverted to full version of answer, because someone other than JoeBob reading this page may need the full explanation --Cassandra 14:29, 17 December 2006 (EST)
- I accept that there may be a way to enable images, but I looked when you asked and couldn't find it. If you are interested in me/us looking into the possibility of implementing this feature, you'll need to find information on how to do it, and post it here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org --Cassandra 14:37, 9 December 2006 (EST)
- Maybe this can be of help :) —Joe 21:32, 9 December 2006 (EST)
- Yep, that's what I needed. I'll do some investigation and see what the built-in checks are on uploading. The *setting* says image, but I need to make sure it's checking that. Hopefully I can check it and get it in place by next weekend if it's all right. I'm so paranoid because our previous website was wiped out by "hackers". I don't want to introduce security flaws.--Cassandra 05:38, 10 December 2006 (EST)